Funeral Costs in Brighton & Hove
Here at Bowley & Gallagher, we realise that funeral costs can be a concern and so we have created some funeral price guidelines as detailed below. This breakdown of costs gives you an idea of the prices you can expect for the different kinds of funerals we offer.
Should you have any questions regarding our funeral services, simply contact our understanding and supportive team today. We regularly serve clients throughout the Brighton and Hove area.
Standardised Price List
This is a funeral where family and friends have a ceremony, event or service for the deceased person at the same time as they attend their burial or cremation.
- Taking care of all necessary legal and administrative arrangements £1395
- Collecting and transporting the deceased person from the place of death (normally within 15 miles of the funeral director’s premises) into the funeral director’s care £260
- Care of the deceased person before the funeral in appropriate facilities. The deceased person will be kept at our premises £240
- Providing a suitable coffin – Richmond Elm Style Coffin fully lined £530
- Viewing of the deceased person for family and friends, by appointment with the funeral director (where viewing is requested by the customer) £0
- At a date and time you agree with the funeral director, taking the deceased person direct to the agreed cemetery or crematorium (normally within 20 miles of the funeral director’s premises) in a hearse or other appropriate vehicle £500
This is a funeral where family and friends may choose to have a ceremony, event or service for the deceased person, but they do not attend the burial or cremation itself.
- Burial (funeral director’s charges only) £1685
- Cremation (funeral director’s charges plus the cremation fee) £2152
FEES YOU MUST PAY
For an Attended or Unattended burial funeral, the burial fee.
- In this local area, the typical cost of the burial fee for local residents is: £846 - £1014
- For a new grave, you will also need to pay for the plot; for an existing grave with a memorial in place, you may need to pay a removal/replacement fee. In addition, the cemetery may charge a number of other fees. £846
- For an Attended cremation funeral, the cremation fee. In this local area, the typical cost of a cremation for local residents is: £658 - £1070
Please discuss any specific religious, belief-based and/or cultural requirements that you have with the funeral director.
ADDITIONAL FUNERAL DIRECTOR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
This funeral director may be able to supply a range of optional, additional products and services, or to arrange (on your behalf) for a third party to supply them. Examples include:
- Additional mileage (price per mile) £1.50 per mile
- Additional transfers of the deceased person’s body (e.g. to their home, to a place of worship etc.) (price per transfer) £190
- Collection and delivery of ashes £Price on request
- Embalming £240
- Funeral officiant (e.g. celebrant, minister of religion etc.) £Price on request
- Services supplied outside of normal office hours £Price on request